Wednesday, January 01, 2020

New Year

My skill is in taking pictures. I write but it's mostly work related. But i have good friends who have the flair for writing. Here's something my friend wrote for me.
This one is by Anubhav Kukreti

I make no promises....
Here goes by another year,
Of some unkept promises and missed milestones,
Of forgotten friends and their telephones
So I think of thee as the closing is near.-
Let us hope we keep in mind,
As life passes with breakneck speed
Taking away not years but decades indeed
To take time out from the usual grind.-
Time to seek out simple pleasures 
Sunsets,wind, hot tea and cold nights
Unhurried walks, talks and food bites
And live an year without much measures.-
Let’s each follow our own muse 
For a year of conscious wandering 
And dedicate it to our curbed hobbies and meandering 
To create some moments we can reuse.-
We can be joyful too with success aplenty,
Starting right this year of 2020 🥂
But I make no promises...
Happy new year

No comments: